Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Evaluating My GAME Plan Progress

How effective were your actions in helping you meet your goals?

I still need to get approval from the administrators to use the videos in my classroom. I am hoping to show these short video clips before my students leave for winter break. I know that my students will be spending a great deal of time on their computers during their time off of school. I am hoping that after viewing these clips, my students will be more careful when using the Internet.


What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?

I have learned that there is a wealth of resources on the Internet to teach middle school students about Internet safety.


What do you still have to learn? What new questions have arisen? How will you adjust your plan to fit your current needs?

I am still working on my plan to have students be "experts" and help with troubleshooting issues. Today was a perfect example of the need for "experts" in my classes. Throughout the course of the day, students had trouble logging into the server, adding printers, opening Word documents in Pages, etc. Since every student has access to their own laptop during the school day, it can be quite overwhelming when technical difficulties arise. I would love it if a few students were trained by our district technology staff to support teachers in the classroom when these problems arise.

1 comment:

  1. Jodi

    That's a great idea to use students to troubleshoot in the classroom. Very often children learn more effectively from other students. I wonder how your school could structure this type of assistance? Maybe that would be a great idea for an after school club, if school time isn't a possibility. Teacher volunteers could train a core group to function as technology lab assistants,or lab peer tutors. Couldn't hurt the cause, right?

    ReplyDelete