Thursday, January 8, 2009

Technology in the Classroom

I am an eighth grade United States history teacher at a technology magnet school.  I am always looking for new and exciting ways to integrate technology into my classroom.  I would love for teachers to post great ideas that we could all benefit from.  One project that my students have enjoyed is creating an iPhoto alphabet book.  At the beginning of each school year, I review the American Revolution with my students.  After our review, I assign students a partner and a letter of the alphabet.  Each partnership must choose a word relating to the American Revolution that starts with their assigned letter.  Students then write an alliterative sentence that includes their chosen word.  Next, the students draw an illustration that ties it all together.  Students then scan their pictures and put them into Comic Life.  These Comic Life documents are then compiled into one iPhoto alphabet book that we publish and keep in our school library.  It is a great way to review the American Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment